Our Porch Swing Hanging Kit offers a much more secure attachment for your porch swing than the standard porch swing hook. By displacing the weight of your swing among the plate of the hanger with two screw attachments, a sturdier coupling is obtained.
Simply screw the porch swing hanger plates into the support beams of your ceiling and latch your swing's chains, ropes, or rod hooks onto the eye-hook and you're reading to go -- Peaceful Porch Swingin' is near!
- Plastic coating over steel (weather-resistant)
- Certified weight rating of 1500 lbs. each
- Hardware included (see below)
- Color: green (note: no other color options available, but are able to be painted using exterior spray paint)
- Flange footprint 2" x 5"
- Height 4"
- 1" hole (inside diameter of porch swing hanger eye-hook)
Included with Hanging Kit:
- (2) porch swing hangers, (4) 1/2" x 3 1/2 " lag screws, and (4) washers
- Not included: hardware to connect porch swing hangers to chain/rope. (Will need S-hook or carabiner to attach rope/chain to porch swing hangers)
Tools Required for Installation:
- Socket Wrench
- 3/4" socket
- 5/8" drill bit
- Mark support beams to align with width of porch swing
- Place center of swing hanger over mark
- Make new markings inside of the two holes of the hanger's flange
- Drill pilot holes into the two new markings using 5/8" drill bit
- Align porch swing hanger's screw holes over pilot holes
- Use socket wrench, 3/4" socket and included lag screws & washers to attach porch swing hangers to support beams