How to Measure a Throw Pillow
Throw pillows are a great way to pull together the design of any indoor or outdoor living space. Follow these steps to ensure your throw pillow is made to the correct specifications.
- Use a firm (ie, a carpenter's) tape measure, rather than a flexible (ie, a tailor's) measuring tape for the most accurate results.
- DO NOT measure the pillow diagonally. DO NOT measure the pillow across its center.
- Keep in mind that when ordering, you will need to round up or round down to the nearest ½ inch.
- You may find it helpful to have someone else hold the pillow while you take measurements.
- Pillow dimensions are based on measuring along the edge of the pillow, not the width of the stuffed pillow. Once filled with poly fiber, the height and width will be slightly less than the measurements ordered. For example, a 12" × 12" pillow will have perceived finished dimensions of approximately 11" × 11" when stuffed.
How to Measure Your Throw Pillow
- Step 1: Grasp the top and bottom corners of the pillow and pull the fabric tight.
- Step 2: Measure the pillow's height, from top to bottom, along the edge of the pillow.
- Step 3: Grasp the left and right corners of the pillow and pull the fabric tight.
- Step 4: Measure the pillow's width, from left to right, along the edge of the pillow.
Share this post