6 Tips for Creating some Relaxing, Me-Time!
Taking time to unplug, and unwind is critical for mental, physical & emotional health. Not sure where to start? Check out some of our favorite relaxation aids that can be achieved in as little as a few minutes!
Spend Time Outdoors
- Get out & get some sunshine
- Sit under a tree, on your porch, on a park bench and take in some nature scenes
- Breathe in some fresh air
- Have a spa day - give/get a manicure, pedicure, etc.
- Soak in a hot bath
- Massage your hands or scalp
- Roll a tennis ball under your feet (ahhh!)
Calm Your Mind
- Meditate (calm your nerves & mind in as little as a few minutes) - my personal favorite is the meditation app, Headspace, which offers a variety of meditation options from 3-20 minutes. Do what best fits your schedule!
- Breathing Exercises - even a few deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth can help calm your mind and body.
Move Your Body
- Hit the gym
- go for a walk/jog/run (outside is even better ;)
- STRETCH - even small amounts of stretching can ease tight muscles and provide you with a much-needed relaxing feeling
Get Your Creative Juices Flowing
- Listen to your favorite tunes (dance along)
- Do a crossword/sudoku puzzle
Snack & Sip
Did you know many foods/drinks may help reduce stress and anxiety?
- Green tea contains the stress-reducing L-theanine
- Honey (drizzle in your tea or over fruit/yogurt) to help reduce anxiety
- Snack on Mango (contains linalool, the main ingredient in lavender essential oil)
Try any combination of these techniques for an afternoon filled with relaxation! Let us know your favorite tip to unplug, unwind, relax, and get some peace :)
Share this post